I m being hacked
So we keep watching movies about hackers and make jokes about it. Port scans and exploits are to be found to be in every network log. But this one really takes the cake: I was unable to login into my home machine with my regular alias because my account was locked out. When I got into my machine using a different account and examined the event logs, I found that there was a massive brute-force attack going on for at least several days using my open FTP server (the one I left on the default port 21 because it s so damn hard to configure it to work with other ports). . A quick glance to TCPView revealed a Chinese IP address. Yikes!.
I tried to crack the Chinese comrades. As it turns out, has at least a few days some sly from under heaven got into the habit to touch the names and passwords on my computer via an open FTP server. I learned this by accident, when my account was blocked Vindouz (according to my settings). By going through another account as a gift, I found a huge number of attacks in the logs. Goats! Servak had to cover.
0 comments:
Post a Comment